Moulds exist in nature. They rely on parasitic decomposition of organic matter to survive and multiply. Many packaging materials, such as paper, wood, textiles, paints, rubber, plastics, etc., are organic substances. Under the action of mold, objects containing organic substances will gradually suffer. To decomposition and destruction, so that the packaging material deterioration and damage, loss of protection. Anti-mold agent is a preparation that can inhibit mold growth and kill mold.
(1) Requirements for packaged anti-mold agents.
1 has a strong antibacterial and bactericidal effect, can effectively control the growth and reproduction of mold, preferably non-toxic or low toxicity.
2 does not affect the performance and appearance of packaging materials, can adapt to the conditions of application of packaging products.
3 The chemical properties are stable, do not react with other substances, and have stable performance in processing and packaging products.
4 abundant sources, easy to manufacture, low use concentration, easy to use, easy to store
(2) Anti-mold agents commonly used on packaging
There are thousands of kinds of anti-mould agents, which are used in different ways. The following are commonly used in packaging:
1 carbendazim. It is light brown powder or white crystal, hardly soluble in water, soluble in ethanol, acetic acid and inorganic acid, with little toxicity. Can be used for paper, cotton fabrics and other packaging materials, mildew, when used into a powder, made of 0.3% suspension spray.
2 chlorothalonil. Chlorothalon is hardly soluble in water, soluble in ethyl ketone, acetone, xylene, linseed oil, etc. It has low toxicity and has a significant effect on many molds. Can be used for paper and paper packaging materials, can also be used for leather and its products, using a concentration of 0.1-0.5%.
3 mold net. It is grayish brown or white powder, hardly soluble in water, easily soluble in organic solvents such as enzymes and ketones, low toxicity, good thermal stability, and good anti-mildew effect. It is most suitable for mildewproofing of wood, and its use concentration is 0.1~ 0.5%.
48-hydroxyquinolinone. It is light yellow powder or solid, insoluble in water and most solvents, soluble in alcohol, strong bactericidal, low toxicity and stable. Can be used for plastics, coatings, fiber fabrics and other packaging materials of mold, when used, dissolved in alcohol, and then into 3% aqueous solution treatment items, the effect is significant.
5-naphthalene ketone. It is an emerald-green, semi-solid, oily, waxy substance that is odorous, insoluble in water, soluble in benzene, and can be used to prevent mildew in cotton, hemp, or asphalt coated packaging materials.
6 Parabens. Also known as Nipagin esters, which are white crystalline powders, are low in toxicity, have a broad range of bacteriostasis, have a strong antibacterial effect in acidic solutions, and are weak in alkaline.
7 Dichlorovinyl salicylamide. It is a white powder, insoluble in water, soluble in ethanol, acetone, sodium chloride solution, odorless, stable, low toxicity. The paper, leather, cotton, linen and other packaging materials have good anti-mildew effect, and the use concentration is 0.1 to 0.5%.
83â€”Phenylsalicylic acid ketone. It is a greenish-brown powder, odorless, and can be used for the anti-mildew of packaging containers such as wood and bamboo containers and fabrics.
9 thimerosal. It is a white or creamy crystalline powder that is soluble in solvents such as ethanol and acetone and can be used for mildew prevention in coatings, plastics, textiles, and optical instruments.
10 Salicylanilide. It is white or light red scale-like crystals, soluble in acetone, slightly soluble in acetic acid, toluene. Can be used for plastic, paint, leather, rubber and other packaging materials, mildew.
(11) p-Nitrophenol. It is a yellow or light yellow crystal, soluble in alcohol, ether or hot water, used for the anti-mildew of coating materials such as paint, leather, paper and fiber.
(12) Thiabendazole. It is a yellow powder, stable to heat, slightly sublimated at high temperatures, non-toxic, can be added to paper, plastic or composite materials for food packaging, can also be sprayed directly on the surface of fruits and vegetables, anti-mold effect is better.
(13) High mercury chloride. It is a white powder or crystal, soluble in acetone, ethyl acetate, etc. It is highly toxic and can be used for mildew-proof packaging materials such as paper and wood.
(14) Paraformaldehyde. It is a polymer of formaldehyde that can be depolymerized into formaldehyde gas at room temperature and has a strong bactericidal effect, but it is highly toxic to humans and has great irritation to human eyes. It is a kind of more commonly used gas phase fungicide. When it is used, it is packaged into small packages and put into packaging containers. Following the natural sublimation and diffusion, it can play anti-mold effect, but it is not suitable for metal containers and food packaging containers.
(15) Sorbic acid and potassium sorbate. It is colorless or white crystalline or crystalline powder, non-toxic, odorless, stable to light, heat, soluble in water, a wide range of antibacterial, irritating to human eyes. Can be sprayed on the packaging material, can also be added to the food mold.
(16) Benzoic acid and sodium benzoate. They are all white crystals, non-toxic, odorless, stable, and have a wide range of antibacterial properties in acidic environments. They only have weak effects on acid-producing bacteria. Benzoic acid is readily soluble in ethanol and sodium benzoate is readily soluble in water. They can be applied to the surface of packaging materials, more as a food preservative.
Screen Printing Machine,Textile Printing Machine,Textile Screen Printing Machine
Flat Screen Printer,Uv Curing Machine,Printing Machinery Co., Ltd. , http://www.nsprintmachine.com